NIPS 2016 Call for Tutorials
Centre Convencions Internacional Barcelona, Barcelona SPAIN
Mon Dec 5th through Sat the 10th
Deadline for Tutorial Proposal Submissions:
Thu Jun 16, 2016 02:59 AM UTC
We welcome proposals for tutorials on either core machine learning topics or topics of emerging importance for machine learning. We will consider any topic, provided that the proposal makes a strong argument that the tutorial is important for the NIPS community. Tutorials should be of interest to a substantial portion the community and should represent a sufficiently mature area of research or practice.
Each accepted tutorial will be two hours long. We anticipate that there will be nine tutorials, with three running in parallel.
Proposals should be structured to provide the following information:
- Abstract (up to 250 words)
- Description and outline: What material will the tutorial cover and in what depth? Please provide a detailed outline. If available, please include URLs for slides and video recordings of the presenters' previous tutorials. Note that a NIPS tutorial should not focus exclusively on the presenters' own research results.
- Goals: What are the objectives of the tutorial? What is the benefit to attendees? Why is this tutorial important for NIPS 2016?
- Target audience: What is the target audience? What background should attendees have? How many attendees do you expect?
- Presenters: Who are the presenters? Please provide names, affiliations, email addresses, and short bios (up to 200 words) for each presenter. Bios should cover the presenters' expertise related to the topic of the tutorial. If there are multiple presenters, please describe how the time will be divided between them.
- A list of the most important references that will be covered.
- Previous tutorials: Has the tutorial (or a similar/highly related tutorial) been presented at another venue previously? If so, please list the dates and venues, and describe the similarities and differences between the previous tutorials and proposed tutorial.
You must log into nips.cc to submit an application. If you don't have an account, create one here first. Tutorial proposals should be submitted online at Tutorial Application by Thu Jun 16, 2016 02:59 AM UTC.
Tutorial Chairs, NIPS 2016
Joelle Pineau and Hanna Wallach
Technical questions with the application should be addressed to email@example.com.